Показано с 1 по 12 из 12

Тема: Missing Final Fantasy, Dune, & Starcraft scenarios on Dustin Dunn's Civ2 Site

Древовидный режим

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper

Question Missing Final Fantasy, Dune, Starcraft, & Zombie scenarios on Dustin Dunn's Civ2 Site

(Apologies for English)

EDIT:
    This thread has gone from just being about a couple of missing scenarios on Dustin's Civ2 site to being about a whole lot of missing long lost scenarios that I've come across while working on my Civilization series scenario search & rescue project and my Civ2 scenario multi site preservation project. Someone very kindly donated Dustin's collection to me rescuing most of the missing scenarios in the list below however there are still more out there missing.

If people want to help but don't want to fluff about searching through your old collections looking for these scenarios then they are also very VERY welcome to donate their entire scenario collections to me to search for these lost scenarios in and also sort out and add to my main preservation project. I have setup some publicly accessible cloud storage with several gigabytes free that anyone can just drag and drop files into (literally it's that easy) so if you have an old CD or hard drive somewhere filled with scenarios from long gone websites and would like to donate please let me know and I'll PM you the link to my cloud. You will be publicly praised and credited for helping me or should you wish to remain anonymous that's no problem either.

One of the big Civ2 super sites still missing from the preservation collection is Whistler's (Kunal Shah) SidGames and it's hosted satellite sites like Civ2 Ziggurat, Jorrit's Civ2 Site, Markus's Ultimate/Planet Civ2, and Civ2 Scifilization which all had their own scenario collections with quite a few rarities that never made it to Poly or CFC. From what I can tell none of them survived Sidgames's rather sudden disappearance and webarchive didn't backup any of the downloads. Now that we've got Apolyton (& it's satellites), CivFanatics Atomic, and Dustin Dunns DSquared Zandanian League site it means SidGames (& it's satellites) really is the last super site missing from the Civ2 preservation project. So if anyone out there has content from those SidGames sites or a way to contact Whistler I'm all ears!!

MISSING:
    • Alpha Centauri Modpack v1.5 by Carlos Alb. Romero Díaz - AlphaC15.zip (795kb) Source1
    • German Babylon 5 by unknown - baby5.zip Source1
    • (Star Wars) Battle of Hoth by unknown – hoth.zip (1.55M) (not Brandon Dunaway one) Source1
    • (Star Wars) Battle at the Hoth System by J.Bélanger – hoth.zip (478kb) (not Brandon Dunaway one) Source1
    • Star Wars Rebellion by C. Kerdrain – rebellion.zip (1.3mb) Source1
    • Star Trek 7of9 (Voyager) by St Leo – stleo_7of9.zip / stleo_7of9snd.zip Source1 Source2
    • Fallout for Civilization by Par VahadarSource1
    FOUND:
    • Alpha Centauri by John Mavin – Centauri.zip Source1
    • Battle of Endor by Markus – Endor.zip (351kb) (not josh adams one) Source1
    • Star Wars by Ambra – starwars.zip (2.5mb) or st_1 and 2 zips Source1
    • Moonland 3.0 by Frederic Meunié – mlv3main.zip / mlv3snd.zip Source1
    • Star Trek: Mission on Vesta by Dirk Weber - trekv2_0.zip (636kb) Source1 Source2
    • Command & Conquer 2 by unknown - cc2_scn.zip Source1
    • SOUND FILES for The Martian Scenario by James Thomson – martia49sound.zip Source1
    • SOUND FILES for Star Trek Wars Scenario by Joseph Santurri – STWSound.zip
    • Master of Orion Jr 4 by Jeelen / Agent327 Source1 Source2 Source3
    • Star Trek First Contact (Kob ST-BAQ Redo) by Jeelen / Agent327 – first_contact.7z (1.8mb) Source1
    • Star Trek Voyager by Jeelen / Agent327 – voyager.7z (1.3mb) Source1
    • Star Trek Dominion War (Kob ST-DW Redo) by Jeelen / Agent327 – warp_9.7z (1.9mb) Source1
    • Star Trek TNG by Jeelen / Agent327 – tng.7z (3.1mb) Source1
    • Star Wars The Dagobah System by Filip Carlsson - star.zip Source1
    • Final Fantasy II/IV Modpack by Frank Johnson – ff2damod.zip (225kb) / ffsound1.zip (267kb) / ffsound2.zip (337kb) / ffsound3.zip (338kb) / ffsound4.zip (477kb) Source1
    • Final Fantasy NES Civ by Jim N. / Jomb – FFciv.zip (208kb) Source1
    • Starcraft: Terran War by aland007 - terran.zip (1mb) Source1
    • Dune - Pour L'epice! by N.Chautru – dune.zip (246kb) (Puor L'epice! = For the spice!) Source1
    • Dune - The Battle for Arrakis 1.0 by Isaac Ashdown – dune.zip (163kb) (not David Emery's Battle for Arrakis) Source1
    • Sands of Dune by James Dahl – dune.zip (293kb) Source1
    • Dawn / Day of the Dead by Blackclove / Peter F. Delaney – dawndead.zip (203kb) / deadsnd.zip (503kb)* Source1 Source2 Source3
    • Orion (Alpha Centauri) by unknown- orion.zip Source1
    • (Star Wars) TATOOINE by J. Bélanger – tatooine.zip (71kb) (not Justin Giles one or Chris & Steve's one) Source1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original First Post:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a cruel world lol..

There probably isn't a hope in hell that anyone will have these but I'll try anyway...

I'm in the middle of a Civ2 lost websites search side project as part of my bigger Civ scenario hunting work to feature in a video series. I located a webarchive backup of an old Civ2 website called The Zandanian League by DSquared*(it was also described as 'Dustin Dunn's Civ2 Site' in the link to it). This long lost site hosted a number of scenarios not found in any other repository I've searched through. Some of them relate to topics of great interest to me!

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan especially the retro SNES/Super Nintendo ones and so I've been keeping an eye out for Civilization 2 scenarios based on it. Other than a vanilla Civ2 scenario with no changed graphics or sounds I'd found nothing in all the big repositories I've searched through. Yet on this site sits a full total conversion Final Fantasy 4 (2 in US) modpack for Civ2 by a fellow named Frank Johnson. As you can see in the surviving picture the trees, grass and hills are taken directly from the original game as well as the units and even the friggin cities are built from castles and villages you'd find on the world map. But of course this modpacks main download and 4 sound downloads were not backed up by webarchive.. such a shame that something this cool is likely lost forever..

Then just as I'm reeling from that painful discovery I then visit his scenarios section to find that there is a Starcraft scenarios called Starcraft Terran War by aland007. I'm also a big Starcraft fan and have been hunting for any scenarios or modpacks related to it and was surprised to find none considering it's a late 90s game with 2.5D isometric graphics that would convert in pretty well. Now sure enough it appears someone did.. and of course the bloody download for that is not backed up either lol. Even the screenshot wasn't backed up so I don't know how good it is, however the site describes it as having "new graphics".

I don't suppose by some flukey chance that someone here has these?

I notice there are emails for these guys posted.. long shot after 20 years but I guess it's worth a shot to email them and see what happens.. but yeah.. not holding my breath!
    продвинь это сообщение в соцсеть:  
    Последний раз редактировалось Blake00; 22.11.2023 в 09:53.