+ Ответить в теме
Показано с 1 по 4 из 4

Тема: Civilization Series Favourite Scifi/Fantasy TC Scenarios & Mods Hunt

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper

Lightbulb Civilization Series Favourite Scifi/Fantasy TC Scenarios & Mods Hunt

(Apologies for English)

Hey guys

I’m on the hunt for big Civilization game series total conversion scenarios which started with a focus on Civ2 & Civ3 (but am now expanding to Civilization 5, 4, 6 & spinoffs) relating to a whole bunch of my favourite fantasy & scifi movie/TV/gaming franchises. Been posting in a few different Civ forums and getting great feedback, plus whenever someone has told me about an awesome scenario that’s disappeared over the years I’ve managed to track it down and bring it back from the dead to CivFanatics/ModDB/Archive.org hosting, so helping me has helped the community. Hell in some rare cases I’ve even filled a gap by making the scenario myself haha!

Figured it was finally time to ask some of the other Civ communities out there for help too (no doubt there's some awesome scenarios I don't know about in the Russian Civ community). Many have already been found so make sure you check my list link below BEFORE making suggestions to save yourself time & effort lol!

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...e-homm.657805/

At this stage I'm looking for Civ scenarios relating to...

- Mars / Lunar Colonization
    - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (& other alien world colonization)
    - Command & Conquer / Red Alert
    - Dune / Arrakis
    - Master of Magic
    - Sid Meier's Colonization
    - Master of Orion
    - Heroes of Might & Magic
    - Babylon 5
    - Star Trek
    - Star Wars
    - Stargate
    - Apocalypse (After WW3 / Fallout / Mad Max / Judge Dredd / Doom / Terminator / Zombies)
    - Lord of the Rings
    - Game of Thrones
    - The Elder Scrolls
    - Warcraft & Starcraft / Warhammer & W40k
    - Final Fantasy
    - Civilization Crossover Mods (Make a Civ game look like another Civ game)

If you're unable to help then that's fine, as maybe my list will still help you find something cool!

продвинь это сообщение в соцсеть:  
    Последний раз редактировалось Blake00; 27.11.2021 в 16:17.

Recent changes to the list:

I've been busy doing lots of searching and tracking down long lost mods & scenarios to rescue and upload. I've also added some new search categories of interest to me and made some big changes to existing ones...
    • Merged C&C and Red Alert together to save space.
    • Merged Doom with Fallout & Mad Max under a new main Apocalypse category to save space & also added new Terminator, Judge Dredd, Zombies, & After WW3 to the Apocalypse category too.
    • Added a new Starcraft category and combined it with the existing Warcraft one to save space
    • Added a new Lunar/Moon category to the existing Mars Colonization one.
    • Added a new Final Fantasy category
    • Added*a new Civ Crossover category (Mods that make a Civ game look like another Civ game) as I've been finding some good stuff for these and wonder if there's more out there!

Regarding that rescue work keeping me busy*I*recently started a huge new scenario catalog & rescue project creating proper download pages at CivFanatics (even rescuing lost scenarios that are not part of this search cause I'm nice like that lol), as well as*extra scenario download mirror pages on ModDB and Internet Archive Library to ensure they don't get lost again as both those sites are long living & offer free hosting. At the moment I'm setting up Civ2 scenario libraries on these other sites but I look forward to setting up these library file mirrors for other Civ game scenarios in the future. Uploading to these sites is not hard (I've written guides in my thread)*so I hope others follow my example and add to all these collections in the future to ensure all these amazing pieces of work live on!

List updates...

Civ2:
    Civ2ToT:
    Civ3:
    Civ4:
    Civ5:
    FreeCiv:
    AlphaC:
    • Mars & Lunar - Missing download for*GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario*has been rescued by Geo himself! Thanks to Darsnan for fixing the link.

FreeMars:
    • Mars & Lunar - Added mention of the really cool Civ/Col/AlphaC hybrid FreeMars Project game that's not finished but quite playable.

Hey guys, been a while since the last project update again as I've been continuing work on my huge Civ2 search & rescue preservation project (which is why Civ2 mods dominate below) which is in its final stretch now as soon I’ll be moving onto to Test of Time, Civ3 & newer Civ games. I also took time away to finally start releasing my video series that all this preservation work feeds into which anyone interested can see the first episode on Playing Civ1 in HD with mods & Scenarios here. While Civ2 dominates this update below don’t worry guys, newer Civ games haven’t totally been neglected thanks to people replying to my threads with great discoveries and I’ve found a few on my own too!

I swore I wouldn't add anymore categories to the search list but I have bowed to popular demand haha as many people asked me to add the Warhammer Franchise (Fantasy & 40K Scifi) and while I've sadly never played any of their games I can't help but notice there's some really really good Warhammer scenarios out there for various Civ games so I've added them to the list! This will likely annoy diehard fans of each respective franchise (I've seen some of the "they stole this off us" arguments lol) but I've combined the new Warhammer category with the existing Warcraft & Starcraft section to save space, sorry lol.

Oh and I've also added a new Missing scenarios & mods section to the bottom of the original thread post to better display the projects I've been unable to rescue so far. If you have one of them, please let me know!

List updates...

Civ2:
    Civ2ToT:
    Civ3:
    Civ4:
    Civ5:
    Civ6:

(Here's a project update from 13/06/2022 that I was unable to post last year due to an account issue the admins have kindly fixed now so I'm back! )

Hey guys, figured its time for another project update. No new search categories added this time as I've given myself too much work already lol, however there's plenty of new scenarios found under the existing scifi & fantasy categories (listed in the top post)! I'm pleased to announce that I've pretty much reached the (foreseeable) the end of my Civilization 2 MGE preservation project and have uploaded hundreds of individual scenarios and a bunch of super collections containing thousands of scenarios to CivFanatics, ModDB & Archive Org ensuring they don't get lost again! I was going to post this weeks ago however an anonymous donor gave me a ginormous collection containing some of my most wanted lost scenarios based on cool stuff like Final Fantasy, Starcraft & Dune so I've been busy sorting them out! Naturally all these new finds are in the update list below and in the OP with their download links.

Speaking of classic Civ games I put a call out across many sites to try and get more GoG wishlist votes for adding Civ1&2 to GoG & Steam as it's crazy that the 2 big Civ games that started it all are not legally sold in any stores (& can only be found on archive & dodgy warez sites) while other classic Microprose games and all later Civ games are all being digitally sold. Presumably the pre Firaxis Civ games seem to be stuck in some sort of licensing hell they need to be rescued from. Only fans voting and making themselves heard can possibly change that. Yes some classic Civ fans probably still have their original discs & CDs like I do and don't need another copy, but plenty probably don't now and these games should really be back in stores, easily accessible, ready to run without config hassle, and getting more attention again! More fans returning to these classic Civ games injects new life into their modding scenes!

Anyway now that my Civ2 MGE preservation work has come to an end I can finally get back to making my Civ2 videos showing some of these great old scifi and fantasy mod projects to the world, and also working on my own Civ2 mod projects and finally releasing them! Then I can start focusing more on finding, rescuing & cataloging mods for later Civ games as I know I've only just scratched the surface of them. However as you'll see below I've still managed to find a bunch of new mods for them too!

CivFanatics (CFC) Search List updates...

Civ2:
    Civ2TestOfTime:
    Civ3:
    Civ4:
    Civ4Col:
    Civ5:
    Civ6:

+ Ответить в теме